Nail Enhancement: Gel System
R5 500 – Kit Included (2022) Valid until 15 Dec 2022
R5 800 - Kit Included (2023)
Nail Enhancement: Gel System Only
Duration – 10 Sessions – Monday – Friday (13h30 – 16h30) or Saturdays (08h30 – 12h30)
(Payment Plan: Full amount to be paid before the course starts)
(Learners are required to supply their own linen i.e.,1x Bath Towels)
Theory lessons covering contraindications, health and safety, nail diseases and disorder, products and equipment, application techniques, client care and consultation.
Practical lessons demonstrating tip application, clear gel overlay, colour gel overlay, gel sculpting, French gel application.
Lesson 1 – Theory lesson covering nail diseases & disorders, Gel products and their uses, Practical lesson on clear tip application & blend | French/ colour tip application
Lesson 2 – Practical lesson on Colour gel overlay on natural nails (No tips)
Lesson 3 – Practical lesson on Clear tips with colour gel overlay
Lesson 4 – Practical lesson on French tips with clear gel overlay
Lesson 5 – Practical lesson on sculpted nail extensions with French gel overlay
Lesson 6 – Practical lesson on Colour gel on toes
Lesson 7 – Case Study 1 – practical on a client – Colour gel overlay on natural nails (no tips) & Colour gel on toes
Lesson 8 – Case Study 2 – practical on a client – Clear tips with French Gel overlay
Lesson 9 – Case Study 3 – practical on a client – French tips with clear gel overlay
Lesson 10 – Case Study 4 – practical on a client – Sculpted extensions with French Gel overlay
Case study requirements:
THIS PART OF THE COURSE IS TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME
A total of 8 case studies to be completed (4 case studies completed at school + 4 case studies completed at home):
– 1 client to receive a full set of clear tips with French gel overlay.
– 1 client to receive a full set of clear tips with colour gel overlay & Colour gel on toes.
– 1 client to receive a full set of sculpted acrylic extensions with French gel overlay.
– 1 client to receive a full set of sculpted acrylic extensions with Colour gel overlay.
– Each client must complete a consultation card.
– Before and after photos must be taken.
– All completed case studies with evidence (consultation cards, before and after photos) must be emailed to: email@example.com
– The email subject must include: Learner full name, subject completed – case studies.
– Incomplete case studies or failure to submit the case studies by the assessment date will result in a R250 administrative penalty fee.
After the set lessons completed at the school, the learner is given 2 weeks in which they will complete their case studies at home on clients. After the two weeks the learner will return to the school to complete a theory and practical assessment.
Certification is only issued once the learner has been found competent for all 3 aspects i.e. case studies, theory & practical assessment.
Assessment Process :
– The date of the assessment will be communicated at the beginning of the course.
– Learners are to arrive 30 minutes before the assessment to set up.
– Learners will submit their case studies via email on the morning of the assessment or before the assessment day, any case studies not submitted or incomplete will result in a R250 penalty fee.
– A theory assessment covering all theory content covered in the course will be assessed. Learners are to achieve a 70% pass mark in order to be found competent. Should the learner fail to achieve the required 70% pass mark they are granted 1 free rewrite, should the learner again not pass with the required 70% pass mark a administrative penalty fee of R250 is required for every rewrite thereafter.
– A practical assessment on a model is conducted. Learners are to achieve a 70% pass mark to be found competent. Should the learner fail to achieve the required 70% pass mark they are granted 1 free redo, should the learner again not pass with the required 70% pass mark a administrative penalty fee of R250 is required for every redo thereafter.
– Should the learner require extra lessons, this can be arranged at an additional administrative fee of R250.