Hot Stone Massage
R6 500 – Kit Included (2022) Valid until 15 Dec 2022
R6 700 - Kit Included (2023)
Hot Stone Massage
Duration 5 Sessions – Monday – Friday (13h30 – 16h30)
(Payment Plan: Full amount to be paid before the course starts)
(Learners are required to supply their own linen i.e. 1 Flat single bed sheet, 2x Bath Sheets, 2x Bath Towels & 2x Hand Towels)
Theory lessons covering contraindications, health and safety, history of massage, the classical Swedish massage movements benefits and effects, types of stones used, and how to incorporate the stones into the massage while heated, client care and consultation.
Practical lessons demonstrating a full body hot stone massage covering the front of the legs, abdomen, arms, neck and décolleté, the back of the legs and the back.
Lesson 1 – Theory and practical demonstration on how to safely heat up the stones and how to remove them from the pot, losing heat on a muscle safely.
Lesson 2 – Practical lesson on the front of the body hot stone massage. Learners to practice on a model.
Lesson 3 – Practical lesson on the back of the body hot stone massage. Learners to practice on a model.
Lesson 4 – Learners to practice a full body hot stone massage on a model.
Lesson 5 – Learners to practice a full body hot stone massage on a model.
Case study requirements:
THIS PART OF THE COURSE IS TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME
A total of 5 case studies to be completed which consist of:
– 5 clients each to a full body massage.
– Each client must complete a consultation card.
– Details of the treatment to be recorded including reflective practice and homecare advice.
– All completed case studies with evidence (consultation cards and treatment details) must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– The email subject must include: Learner full name, subject completed – case studies.
– Incomplete case studies or failure to submit the case studies by the assessment date will result in a R250 administrative penalty fee.
After the set lessons completed at the school, the learner is given 2 weeks in which they will complete their case studies at home on clients. After the two weeks the learner will return to the school to complete a theory and practical assessment.
Certification is only issued once the learner has been found competent for all 3 aspects i.e. case studies, theory & practical assessment.
Assessment Process :
– The date of the assessment will be communicated at the beginning of the course.
– Learners are to arrive 30 minutes before the assessment to set up.
– Learners will submit their case studies via email on the morning of the assessment or before the assessment day, any case studies not submitted or incomplete will result in a R250 penalty fee.
– A theory assessment covering all theory content covered in the course will be assessed. Learners are to achieve a 70% pass mark in order to be found competent. Should the learner fail to achieve the required 70% pass mark they are granted 1 free rewrite, should the learner again not pass with the required 70% pass mark a administrative penalty fee of R250 is required for every rewrite thereafter.
– A practical assessment on a model is conducted. Learners are to achieve a 70% pass mark to be found competent. Should the learner fail to achieve the required 70% pass mark they are granted 1 free redo, should the learner again not pass with the required 70% pass mark a administrative penalty fee of R250 is required for every redo thereafter.
– Should the learner require extra lessons, this can be arranged at an additional administrative fee of R250.